Shawna is the Director of Risk Management Services at Gibson. Her responsibilities include oversight of the Claims, Claims Consulting, and Loss Prevention teams; providing them with guidance and support for achieving the strategic goals of the agency and clients. Shawna is responsible for the execution of new employee development, ongoing staff planning, and recruiting efforts for Risk Management Services.
In addition, Shawna is responsible for Gibson’s #DisasterReady plan and translates her knowledge to offer clients consultation with creating theirs. She is also responsible for researching new risk management solutions to add to the agency’s portfolio in order to enhance the services provided to clients. Additionally, Shawna consults clients on workers’ compensation to reduce claims exposure and costs, and conducts training for clients on various aspects of the risks they face.
Shawna is a frequent speaker and presenter for a number of Indiana Chamber of Commerce events, Building Contractors Association (BCA) of Northeast Indiana, Beyond Safety Reliability Conference, Construction Financial Management Association, Huntington County Human Resources Association, and many others.
She joined Gibson in 1991 and was named the Claims Manager in 1995. Shawna became the Director of Risk Management Services in 2014.
- 2012 Michiana Forty Under 40
- 2006 Graduate of Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka
- Associate in Claims (AIC)
- Associate in Management (AIM)
- Associate in Insurance Services (AIS)
- Board of directors for the South Bend/Mishawaka Leadership
- Co-chair of the Alumni Association for South Bend/Mishawaka Leadership
- Insurance advisor to the board of directors of Hello!Gorgeous of Hope, Inc.
- Former member of the board of directors for Make A Difference Michiana
- Volunteer for Meals on Wheels
- Volunteer for Boys & Girls Club of St. Joseph County
- Judge for the BCA Safety Excellence Award Program and the ICA Safety Awards
- Catastrophic Claims
- Detailed Coverage Analysis
- Business Continuity Planning
- Public Entities
Vincennes University | Associates degree in Psychology with Honors
Indiana University | Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management and Administration