Mike is a Consultant in the Employee Benefits Practice. He is responsible for working with employers to provide an analysis of their existing employee benefits and assisting with the implementation of new or redesigned programs.
He has experience in navigating the new landscape created by health care reform, and has presented at many public forums since 2010 in order to empower the local population with a better understanding of the new law. In addition, Mike is deeply involved with the Indiana State Association of Health Underwriters, providing him with knowledge and immediate access to the most recent legal information and industry updates.
Prior to joining Gibson in 2014, Mike worked as an Employee Benefits Consultant with Old National Insurance in Fort Wayne for 6 years.
- 2014 Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly “Top 20 Millenials Making a Difference”
- 2013 Big Brother of the Year – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Indiana
- 2012 Employee Benefit Adviser “Rising Star”
- 2012 Indiana State Association of Health Underwriters “Emerging Leader”
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS)
- Compensation Management Specialist (CMS)
- Group Benefits Associate (GBA)
- Big Brother since 2009 – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana
- Allen County Ambassador – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana
- Real Men Read Participant – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana
- Volunteer High School Football Coach for FWCS
- Catholic Charity Volunteer
- Affordable Care Act Compliance
- Alternative Funding Strategy
- Employee Engagement
- Compensation Management