Melissa is an Employee Benefits Compliance Specialist in the Employee Benefits Practice. She works closely with the Employee Benefits team providing education and consultation on compliance matters impacting employee benefit plans.
Prior to joining Gibson in 2019, Melissa worked as a Compliance Officer and General Counsel at Keyser Insurance Group where she served as principal resource for employee benefits plan compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, specifically relating to PPACA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA and related agency regulations.
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, American Bar Association
- PPACA Certification, National Association of Health Underwriters
- Advanced Self-Funded Certification, National Association of Health Underwriters
- Employee Benefits
- Affordable Care Act
- Healthcare Reform
- Wellness Program Regulations
- Federal and State Health and Welfare Benefits Regulations
- Labor and Employment Law
- Michigan State University College of Law | Juris Doctor
- Michigan State University | Lyman Briggs College, Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Management