Dave is Chairman Emeritus at Gibson. He joined the agency in 1970 after completing four years as an officer in the U.S. Army Medical Service Corps.
He has served as state and national representative on numerous insurance companies’ Agents Advisory Groups. Since 1982 he has been a member of the Insurance and Risk Management Roundtable, a group of fifteen CEOs of the nation’s most prestigious insurance brokers.
- 1999 Sagamore of the Wabash
- 1975 Outstanding Young Insurance Agent by Independent Insurance Agents of Indiana
- Board of Directors and President of Independent Insurance Agents of Indiana
- Silver Beaver from Boy Scouts
- Former officer and director of the Plymouth Area Chamber of Commerce, Plymouth Industrial Development Corporation, Jaycees, and Optimist Clubs
- Former Marshall County United Way President and Drive Chairman
- Boy Scout leader and district board member
- Founder and later President of the Marshall County Community Foundation
- Former trustee and President of Ancilla College
- Former board member of Holy Cross (St. Joseph) Hospital Marshall County
- Former board member of Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- Former board member of Regional Approach to Progress, Northern Indiana Workforce Development, and South Bend Entertainment boards
- Indiana University: Former member of Indiana Memorial Union John Whittenberger board, former member of Executive Council of the Alumni Association, and former National President of Varsity Club
- Former advisor to the Department of Insurance at Indiana State University.
- Life member of Sigma Chi Fraternity
- WNIT board member
- Member and former Warden of St. Thomas Episcopal Church
Indiana University | Masters Degree in Business Administration