Art is a principal at Gibson with responsibility for providing risk management and insurance services to business clients. He specializes in identifying, quantifying and bringing clarity around strategic, business, and hazard risk exposures. Utilizing the proprietary Gibson Protection System (GPS), he and his team provide counsel and advice on complex business and people issues that extend far beyond the scope of an insurance policy.
Prior to joining Gibson in 2003, Art began his professional career in manufacturing where he gained extensive experience in production, quality control, human resources, and risk management. He later joined EBI Companies in South Bend as an accident prevention consultant, working predominately with manufacturing clients in Indiana and Michigan. Art’s progression with EBI led to a supervisory role in accident prevention, and then branch manager of the South Bend office where his responsibilities included management of underwriting, claims, sales, marketing, and accident prevention services. When EBI was acquired by Royal & Sun Alliance, he was promoted to vice president of accident prevention for Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Tennessee.
- Certified Fire Instructor II/III
- Certified Strategy and Tactics
- Certified Technical Rescue Awareness
- Certified Hazmat Operations
- Captain and active volunteer for the Plymouth Fire Department since 1982
- Foreman of the Plymouth Volunteer Fire Department Volunteers
- Board Member for the Boys & Girls Club of Marshall County
- Leadership of Marshall County Class of XII/2012
- Past Chair of First United Methodist Church Pastor Parish Committee
- Past Chair of First United Methodist Board of Trustees
- Auto Dealerships
- RV Industry
- RV Related Suppliers
- Workers' Compensation